Google Services Integration
For those packages (Call Tracking, Small Business Marketer, Corporate Marketer, Agency Marketer) that support website integration, connecting ActiveDEMAND to Google Services will unlock several dashboard widgets.
Google Analytics Integration
ActiveDEMAND integrates easily and seamlessly with Google Analytics to deliver rich insight into online campaigns and conversions.
Google Analytics is a service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about a website's traffic and traffic sources and measures conversions and sales.
Step 1: Connect your Google Analytics account with ActiveDEMAND:
- Log into your Google Analytics account here: http://www.google.ca/analytics/. If you do not have a Google Analytics account you can create one.
- Once logged in, click Admin at the top of any Analytics page.
- Use the menu at the top of the columns to select the account you want.
- You should see 3 columns of attributes: Account, Property, View
- Under Property, click on Tracking Info->Tracking Code
- Copy the Tracking ID (UA-XXXXXX...)
- In ActiveDEMAND, select your account settings (<Your Name>->Account Settings)
- Scroll down to Account Setup
- Click on integrations
- In the Edit Box, GA Account ID, paste your Google Analytics Tracking ID
- Save Account
Step 2: Authorize Google Analytics
- In your ActiveDEMAND Account Settings, scroll to Third Party Applications
- Click the Add Application Button
- Select "Google" from the drop down list
- Enter your Google email address in the email address field. The email address must have full access to the Google Analytics account you are trying to authenticate.
- Click the icon under the "Authenticated" heading
- Select the google account that corresponds to the Google Email address you typed in step 4
Google Ads (AdWords) Integration
ActiveDEMAND integrates easily and seamlessly with Google Ads to deliver rich insight into online paid campaigns and conversions.
Google Ads reporting is a service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about about your ongoing Google paid advertising.
- Authenticate your Google account as per the previous section of this article
- Log into you your Google Ads account
- Your Customer ID will be at the top corner of any Ads page, near your email address. Do not use your MCC ID, this must be the Customer Ads Account ID.
As Google has now restricted what data is given publicly on ad clicks, you will need to use Valutrack parameters to communicate your ad data to ActiveDEMAND.
Here is an article on setting up value track parameters in google Ads
As there is no restriction on the labels used when setting up the parameters, you need to tell ActiveDEMAND which labels you are using for your parameters in Ads. In your account settings (Administration->Account Settings) you can specify the ValueTrack parameter labels you have used in your Ads Account.
Note: We recommend setting up Google Analytics Goals and linking them to Google Adwords. Learn More